Sunday, February 24, 2008

Benito is locked up.

Imagine my shock and dismay.  I dropped him to work Tuesday, he said we'd definitely hang out Wednesday because he was off and then I didn't hear from him, but didn't think much of it since it's Benito.  Come Friday morning, I get a phone call from his friend Kevin telling me that Benito told him to call me - to call his brother - to tell him to go pick him up from jail since his bail was ready.  Of course I wondered why he was in there what had happened but I figured he would tell me when he was released.  Well Friday came and went.  I called his phone that night to see if he was out and his friend Brian answered.  He tells me he had another warrant.  Now I'm like damn this is some bullshit what about his job?  And what can I really do to help him?  I feel pretty useless all Saturday and get a call early this morning from Kevin again asking if I'd heard anything else.  Naw Kev, I was hoping YOU were calling with news.  So now I feel like I have to get proactive, because Benito doesn't have A LOT of people in his life, and because I can sense that the longer he's in there the more angry and dismayed he's becoming.  I don't want a different Benito to come out of there.  I prayed for him every night, I don't even pray for myself.  I'll let you know how it pans out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment