Thursday, March 13, 2008

Concert 2

So last night’s concert I wasn’t as geeked about b/c I was going to see Peter Hadar who was only opening.  Amanda Diva was headlining (never heard of her ass), Talib Kweli hosting and Q-tip featuring.  I got there late cause I took a nap at like 6pm to wake up at 7 but woke up at 7:30 instead.  Anyhow got to the city it was like 9 I found a good spot to stand in front of the bar at SOB’s by the steps that the artists go down.  I ended up being there dolo (Katie no other concert partner will do, and you know why...just got a text this afternoon, psh - KNOCKOFF).  No one was on the stage for a good hour.  Then Peter Hadar comes up to me and recognized me immediately.  I gave him a hug he said he performed mad early and I told him I was going to buy his CD.  He was very nice, I really appreciate that.  THEN.  Talib Kweli came up the steps and stood directly next to me, so close that I hid my cellphone cause I was getting on myspace and for some reason didn’t want him to see me doing that!  THEN Q-tip ended up standing right next to me w/ his black bubble coat, smelling heavenly.  Unlike the husky chick on my left who was NOT SURE.  Anyhow Amanda Diva is a cute girl, but her rapping is pretty elementary, she can sing though, and she has personality and is quite funny.  I enjoyed her covering other people’s songs and just rocking to the DJ more than her actual joints  Overall a very cool night, being amidst celebrity in such a relaxed scenario, made me further know that they are just like you and me.  Can’t wait for MOS!  That, I am geeked about!

0 comments:

Post a Comment