Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hairrorist.

I'm an emotional hairrist!  I've realized this startling fact just this week.  Still having a lot of anger and resentment inside from yet another Benito relapse made me want to impulsively change my hair again.  I shaved it off after my last traumatizing incident w/him, and now I was about to relax all my will power down the drain.  Anyhow I pulled it together and compromised on a straightening comb.  For 20$ I get the temporary look w/o the permanent guilt.  Unfortunately when I straightened my hair there was no shape to it and so I trimmed it and tried to style as best I could. I'm going to have to go to the salon (DAMN) and let them get me started with that.  Anywho what I've realized is that I don't feel any different with my hair straight as I do with it natural.  I'm still neurotic and a bit insecure, self-aware and in my head either way.  So that obliterated that lie I had constructed these past months, that it would be easier to have my hair straight.  Still the same brain under the hair!  So at this point, which I find to be most difficult - I have to think past my current frustrations.  I think of my inspirations, an ex co-worker Keisha who's natural hair was sooo long when she got it straightened and who was fly either way.  People like Erykah Badu who just don't give a damn point blank period.  Cool ass Jill Scott.  And I think about another 6 months from now when I'll have more options and be in a different emotional space.  Benito free.  Happier.  And I am steadfast, no lye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment