Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesdays with Passie

Other than my brother Don's chirp interrupting the last 10 minutes w/ "Swing that shit", my experience watching Tuesdays with Morrie was really touching.  Firstly I love Jack Lemmon.  I know the movie is old and no I never read the book but I didn't really know about it till Steven Colbert interviewed the author (Mitch Albom) on his show.  It was a short movie but well acted and chock full of life's lessons presented in a palpable fashion.  I loved it.  I was taken back to people I've loved and lost, people I've removed from my life for no real reason, silly grudges, stupid choices, un-saids, in-actions.  And I feel empowered, amidst my many mistakes, in knowing that I still have time to grow and claim my life's path -something that definitely sounds weathered but is as illuminated as any summer morning.  Then I realized today was Tuesday.  And it all made sense.  Today I reconnected with myself, having been swept up in the rush of having a job again, I haven't been doing much soul searching.  And I know that journey never ends, so wasting days w/o introspection is toxic.  Now many things that I've managed to convince myself are out of reach, are mine to claim or bypass.  I am my only measure of happiness.  I highly recommend this movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment