Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Underwhelmed

I've been spending a lot of time w/my new friend and after a month of kicking it, I am just generally underwhelmed with the situation.  It's his personality, he's very laid back and comes off as really nonchalant.  I feel like the relationship is too much on my shoulders.  I call him to chill and he's always willing and comes right away but it's just wack that I'm initiating things.  I'm not pursuing, just in the driver's seat.  I ask "what do you want to do today," he's like "whatever you want to do," I want to say, "find someone with a damn opinion", but instead I suggest things like going to the movies, out to eat, Blockbuster nights, etc.  We have a lot of fundamental things in common (he's Haitian also, his father passed away too), you would think this wouldn't be brain surgery, but something is not clicking.  It might be me, I might still be in shell shock from the aftermath of Benito and very hesitant about being vulnerable to deeper feelings.  Whatever the case, I feel like, something has to change.  I was talking to a friend today and acknowledging that as I'm not getting any younger, I can't afford to waste time with relationships that don't seem promising.  Woe is me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment