Sunday, September 16, 2007

When she's gone...

My mom is gone for 2 weeks on vacation in Europe, it made me think about what I would do if she was gone forever, how I would take care of myself without my plan B.  She's always there for me, even if she doesn't always make it easy to ask for help, I know that eventually she will come through, and I know that's a gift and I really do appreciate her unending love and support.  But I'm about to be 25 and she just turned 50 and the tables are slowly turning, I'm supposed to be establishing myself so that she won't need for things later on in her life, so that I can try to repay her for everything she's done for me.  I really think I'll miss her these coming weeks, but maybe I'll have some good news for her, or a card, or something.  She's my role model, so strong and determined and accomplished.  She came from a small village in Haiti and now she owns a home and has made a good life for her and her family from Haiti that have come over here.  I love her and hope that her strength is within me and will propel me towards my destiny.  I dread the day that I will have to say goodbye forever, but I'm so thankful she's been the mother so many people wished they had while I was growing up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment