Friday, October 19, 2007

Smoke in the City

I'm having a Carrie Bradshaw moment.  I'm just thinking about life - mainly relationships, trying to connect some dots.  I've had some conversations with folks and I've concluded that most of us in our mid-20s are finding that those instant attractions and chance meetings are becoming fewer and farther between.  I agree wholeheartedly, when I was 18, I had a starting line and kept the rotation moving.  Now I feel it's partially a slow down in my lifestyle not being in school and also that as I age I just have less tolerance for certain personalities and situations.  The older me is less inclined to be gassed that a dude in some dimmed club is shooting game.  The older me isn't intimidated or caught up in phone conversations.  The older me isn't impressed that you are good looking, and much less easy going about being the sole means of transportation. 
Is the older me jaded? 
Naw, I would say I am wiser and have developed my convictions enough to know what I am not beat for, finally!  Yet I do miss the cavalier way in which dating just managed itself.  Now I think maybe I have to be more proactive.  Hmph.  So not excited about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment