Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Well, I wasn’t going to mention this but...

I saw Benito yesterday morning.  It wasn't monumental or a big deal by any means.  He'd taken some pics of Boot Camp when we went to see em in Aug. and I'd never gotten them developed.  So I just recently did and I decided to mail them to him since yesterday was his 30th bday.  You know, it's the principality, those are his pics.  But b4 I mailed I realized that perhaps he might have moved b/c of some circumstances and I didn't want them to be lost in limbo.  So I dug his number out of my mental Rolodex (it's like burned on my brain, psh) and called.  No answer.  I left a defensive yet casual message (to the tune of; I'm not calling for whatever reason you might think, just wanted to mail these pics, let me know if you still live on such and such).  Well he called back yesterday morning and was like you don't have to mail them just drop it by.  You know today's my bday.  I said I know like a jerk.  Anyhow he came out of the house and I opened my car door but didn't get out, he took the card and that was that.  It was awkward.  He was like I'm waiting for my boy to go pick up my car (finally!) and I'll call you later (for what dude? thankfully he didn't but I was apprehensive all afternoon).  And he was like this is my new number, this from the guy who told me 2 months ago that I'm out of his life for good.  Whatever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment