Friday, September 5, 2008

Growth

This is it, I am quickly approaching a year of natural hair!  Sept. 28 last year was when I cut off all of my old energy and past frustrations to begin anew.  And my hair has grown, honey!  It's been a pretty mild mannered year, too.  I think I finally released Benito from my heart and mind gradually this year.  Can you believe the next new year is only 4 months away???  WTH happened to '08 is great?  I feel like this year was a blur of work and socializing and Netflixing and now it's almost over.  Geez.  I had a boyfriend for like... .2 seconds.  Literally now though, he is my boy/friend.  We should have kept it that way from the rip.  It's just sometimes you let a situation dictate your actions and you don't listen to your gut, your first instinct is always the right one, even if it seems wrong, IT'S RIGHT.  So no love lost, just not meant to be.  I am about the same weight I was last year this time, so that's what's up, albeit less toned and in shape.  That will change soon, I promise you.

Next month (Oct. 9), MAXWELL @ Radio City Music Hall, I waited too long and couldn't even find seats next to each other, only singles.  Oh well, I didn't want to share my man w/ anyone anyway, lol.

My first vote in my first presidential election is coming up in Nov. and I'm staggered by all the political chess being played.  Some people like their politics straight up, no chaser (ME).  But that's the game, for now.  OBAMA will be mobbing all over these relics of a foregone time.  No one wants to hold up the old standards and traditions, society overall is yearning for newness, not some random chick from Alaska (sit down ma).


What else, I feel like everyday I am either growing emotionally, or professionally, even spiritually sometimes.  I'm years removed from past traumas and am no longer afraid of reliving some of my darkest moments.  With that firmly rooted in the distant past, I can propel myself toward the unseen future with no anchors of anxiety.  I feel that growing in me, a confidence and desire to aspire for my own greatness, which has always been waiting for me (you'll see what I mean one day).

0 comments:

Post a Comment