Tuesday, September 30, 2008

WOW.

So, when we last left off, I'd just had a cute convo with Mr. Rite Aid.  I went home, lit my candle, the week went on.  Mind you, I stopped at Rite Aid (2) more times this week trying to run into him, no dice.  It was getting to the point where I was thinking - what else can I buy in here!
Today I figured since it was Monday again he'd probably be there, and indeed he was!  I went in, grabbed some random stuff, and got on line.  He was standing in front of me and didn't notice me for a while then he looked back, did a double take, then asked me how I was, and asked how it went with my candle.  I tried to sound casual.  So that was it though, he initiated convo then it died.  So I left. 
Then I got home and felt stupid, even considered calling Rite Aid!!! Instead I called my homie Xica to confirm whether or not I should have asked him about his status.  She encouraged me to GO BACK to Rite Aid and ask him what the dealy-yo?  So I did.  Of course, he's not near the register, but the cashier is mad cool and I ask her if he's single she says I don't know let me go get him.  But it turns out he's in the back PRAYING because it's Ramadan and I wait...then get antsy and go to my car, and when I come back in he's walking from the back and I walk up to him and say can I talk to you for a minute.  We step outside, I  say I think you're very handsome, and ask are you single?
He replies, actually I'm...

WAIT FOR IT...

...

...

MARRIED.  Oh God the AGONY.  My heart actually sank and I felt embarrassed and was trying to back away towards my car as quickly as possible while simultaneously assuring him he didn't come off too harsh in his let down.  Oh the HUMANITY.  But he did say, you're very gorgeous and I would love to get to know you (if I wasn't married).

The moral of this story is, you'll never know if you don't speak up and find out.  Yea I might feel kind of silly for a while, but overall I'm really proud of myself.  I'm 25, if I can't go for mines now I never will!!  [Isn't that right Xica ;o)]

0 comments:

Post a Comment