Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I said to myself: self...

Yes, another year tacked on to my life count.  & some realizations have resurfaced.  When I was younger, music was literally my best friend, I went to sleep to Nas, Stevie Wonder, folk music cassette tapes, copied Mary J songs off of Hot97, do chores to music filling the apartment.  Now as an adult I only listen to music in my car.  Or on my computer, but it isn't the score of my life like it was in my adolescence, and it saddens me.  I used to cocoon myself in soul music, R&B, hip hop and rap, now I just visit.  So I am going to make a conscious effort to turn off the T.V. @ night and just play a cd (probably of music I burned from Limewire) and try to find that feeling that it used to give me.  I know it's not just me, that most music has lost it's allure and purity, but I should also explore artists and genres I usually don't open up to.  All of this to say that I know there are things that you leave behind as you grow up, but there are many things that you should never lose.  And I will fight to keep music in my heart, cause it got me through so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment