Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April Fooled

Yo, HBO got that off.  All of last week a ticker kept running on the bottom of the screen on HBO saying that effective April 1st, HBO would be viewable on channel 301 on Comcast Digital Cable.  I was like what the hell does that mean?  It won't be viewable on basic cable channel 14?  I thought to myself, I guess they've gotten greedy, because next week all of the original series start for this season and I was this close to getting digital so I could be in the mix.  I was hurt.  But I spent a lot of quality time watching my favorite channel, a channel that I've had, free w/ basic, since the age of 10.  Come Sunday morning, I was like lemme check, maybe it was an April Fool's prank.  Blue screen, no HBO.  I wept quietly and mourned my lost channel.  Then yesterday when I got home from work.  A movie was on, I called a friend to confirm that his HBO was back as well.  And then I submitted to the fact that I got OWNED.  Ha ha ha HBO, ha ha ha.  I still feel wary though, like @ any moment, the channel will disappear again, the trust is gone, and I don't know if I can ever get back to that safe place w/ HBO again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment