Saturday, January 9, 2010

100% Funky


If I had to keep it 100 and/or keep it funky, as is the common request these days, this would be the state of affairs on the dating front.  The honest truth is startling, and can be hard to accept, but it is what it is!  I have a lot of loose ends, a lot of unfinished business with many different people, of whose feelings I can't speak for, but overall I can conclude that none of these men are the one for me.  In the interest of being direct and getting to the heart of each situation, I will only allow one sentence per person to illustrate what I feel is the lowdown.

Benito: Though difficult to sum up in one sentence, he is the antidote to my happiness, his personal instability and drama keep me feeling inexplicably obligated to be there for him.
Lenny: He is the biggest disappointment seeing as he was my archetype of true love for so long, sadly in adulthood he turned out to be a trifling adulterer.
Dontes:  Has just resurfaced in my life after being locked up again, and he seemingly still has feelings for me, only the shallow/superficial part of me finds this appealing.
Michael:  I wish I liked him as much as I want to, certain aspects of his personality turn me off, although I'll say he is the best match for me at this point in my life.
Sahir:  Is an amalgamation of every guy I've dealt with and regretted, my attraction to him is causing me to make many, many, many poor decisions.
Justin:  I am a glutton for guys that just aren't that into me, I realize he has his reasons for keeping me at arms reach but it has taken quite the emotional toll over the years.
Terrence:  I can honestly say I love Terrence more than any guy, in a healthy way, and his being in my life has been a blessing, if only he weren't so religious.
Kelvin:  I really like his novelty, he's so unique, intelligent, and we go on genuine dates, he's a keeper most definitely.
Zackery:  Had it not been for his misgivings with personal hygiene, we might still be together, he had a passion for me that is yet unparalleled and inspired me to no end.

And yet, NONE of these prospects has ever really breached the topic of a committed relationship, not w/o ulterior motives or some incongruities in the dating time-line, or worst of all, me initiating the discussion.  It's all so disheartening, to think that I am not the kind of girl that a man would want to lock down and forsake his single status on Facebook, makes you reconsider your market value, if you know what I mean, and that's as funky as it gets.

1 comments:

Steph B-More said...

so many men...so little time. LOL (wait...this isn't what the blog was really about...)

Post a Comment