Saturday, January 27, 2007

Past Due - Reader Poll

So I met someone off of Vibeline a couple nights ago.  Yes, that's right, that corny commercial that comes on every now and then, I called it.  But mostly its for entertainment before I go to sleep but sometimes you meet someone that seems interesting.  Anyhow let's fast forward to the goods because I have to leave for Harlem in less than an hour.  So we had a nice phone convo, and of course I wanted to know if he had Myspace and he said naw his connection is too slow.  So Thurs. I was off and I asked Xic if she would roll w/ me to Morristown to meet dude @ a neutral place with good lighting and a lot of possible witnesses.  Anyhow, we go out there that night and when we get to the agreed location, there's this short light skinned dude at the counter and it seems as if it might be dude but who knows cause I didn't ask for a description.  So then I call his phone and his "friend" picks up talking bout as they were walking to meet us, the guy I was supposed to meet got locked up b/c he had warrants.  Mind you, I'm like, Morristown?  Not even hood enough for this scenario.  But anyhow I was like ok well tell him to call me when he gets out and we left.  But Xica, ever the pessimist, thinks that the guy in the spot was indeed my mystery person and he made up the story as an escape plan.  I personally think it's never that deep.  So what do ya'll think?  Mind you, I haven't heard from him since.  But who knows...just thought I'd share a possibly embarrassing experience or a hilarious anecdote, the jury is still out.  On a lighter note though, I am bout to get fresh for a party in Harlem with my girl KMack, should be good times!

0 comments:

Post a Comment