Monday, December 31, 2007

Only the Lonely

Being lonely is a state of mind. I went to the Talib Kweli concert by myself tonight and only felt alone for about an hour. When the concert started, it didn't matter that I was dolo, because everyone was rocking with Talib. So I took hella videos of him and had a good time. His DJ is extra cute:
Two shockers of the night. I know that hip-hop is mainly supported by our melanin-free brothers and sisters, but I could count on one hand the black people that were in view, not counting the negros on stage. It was really disheartening. Not only that but I was completely surrounded by white girls, which is worse than dudes, cause it was painfully obvious they were there to be seen by the dudes, flicking their fucking hair in my face and shit.  And this white kid was smoking weed behind me and tried to be slick and exhale on my arm.  I told him if he blew anything else on me I would fuck him up.  Anyhow, as far as the crowd make-up, I bet Talib feels some type of way about it too. He comes back to NY, to do shows, and sees no black or brown faces. TRAGEDY. Anyhow it reminded me of a poem by Dahlak Braithwaite, Peculiar Evolution @ 1:44
...it was life imitating art. Psh.Anyhow, the coat check line was longer than a line for free crack, so while waiting I spotted an actor that no one else on the line knew
(Anthony Mackie), he's still under the radar so I guess that's not so much of a shocker as a nice surprise.  So that was my night.  I had a good time, with myself, in my own company, and I'm really happy about it.  I also jammed out to soca the whole trip home!  Can't wait for next Labor Day to JUMP UP!...

0 comments:

Post a Comment