Saturday, July 29, 2006

Connections

So my theory is, just as when you learn something new you form a new connection in your brain, when you get closer to someone you make a new connection, each one drawing you closer and closer until you become inseparable.  I had a good day today, but it's not about how my day was, it's about how my night was!  Day: Worked from 10-4, came home/chilled, hit the gym @ 5:30, came home/chilled, hopped in the shower @ 9:30, then headed out to pick up "Mr. Big."  Man the first thing he says is he lost his phone somewhere between running for the bus and hopping out a cab.  Not good.  When he's upset, everyone's upset, if something's bothering him, you have to hear about it all night as he goes over every detail.  So I was praying that he'd find it or that whoever did would return it.  Long story short, it turns out he dropped it in his friend's car and whew, how do you spell relief.  So then his mood takes an upswing, we slide to the chicken shack cause I had the midnight snack urge, and I take him home.  One thing I love about our relationship is the fact that every single time I drop him home we talk for atleast 10 minutes trying to say goodnight.  It's like we can't wrap it up, and it's usually late so we're both silly azz hell and it's always funny.  Tonight was no different, but I think he appreciated the fact that I helped him improve his mood and he gave me a kiss.  A nice, genuine kiss, and that was the kind of connection I was talking about!  (Thought I wasn't gonna bring it back to the topic didn't you?). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment