Thursday, August 3, 2006

PRINCESS

Yesterday night "Mr. Big" and I almost stopped being friends, period.  It was a stupid argument that snowballed into sweeping statements, but we got it back to a good place before I went home.  When I got into the foyer, I saw a shadow on the floor by the stairs.  @ first I thought it was a cat that had strayed into the house, but when I turned on the lights I saw that it was a puppy!  I ran upstairs to my cousin and inquired as to the owner, and he said that my mom brought it home.  When I asked my mother, she confirmed that we were new puppy parents. Princess is a chocolate brown Lab with blue eyes (my mother named her so don't frown your face up at me), I love her already, she's two months and she's so sweet.  This is a big deal since this is my first pet ever!  I'll have pictures soon!
This morning I woke up EARLY and hit the gym, showered and dressed to go to Downtown Newark with "Mr. Big."  He bought a new Yankee fitted (he's into baseball, go figure) and then we hit Main Street and he bought a PlayStation and two games for his son's upcoming birthday on Sunday.  He doesn't wrap so I had to handle that for him, Princess was in my room as we got the gifts in order, and the cutest thing happened, "Mr. Big" got down on the floor and rolled around playing with Princess, I'm sorry but that's the kind of stuff that makes you want to give up the draws. Anyhow, I had a great day and I just finished tearing up some Spanish food, I'm watching Will & Grace and then my two Frasiers and taking it down, like a true princess.
P.S.  "Mr. Big" and I talk about kids and a family a lot, we already have our roles down pat, I'd be Mommy-no-fun and he'd be fun-Daddy and I'd always be ruining all the childish activities he'd encourage.  We've talked about names before but today he said all of his son's have to follow in his tradition and their names should end with -ito.  So I've always said that my first son was going to be named David Paul after my father who passed away, and today he says that we could call him Davito instead, I said no son of mine is gonna be named Davito.  It's kind of strange, but somehow we just assume we're gonna have a family, even though we haven't had sex in 2 years, interesting right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment