Thursday, September 7, 2006

OFF & ON

Tonight is the last night of my 3 day vacation from work, not intentional, they just scheduled me that way.  I enjoyed the break, Monday I went to the West Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn, and it was the first time me and my mom have spent some quality time together in a while.  I love her so much, she's more full of life @ 49 then she was when I was younger, but she's always been a free-spirited fun mom, I'm so thankful that I got her personality and spirit.  Yesterday I chilled all morning then I took my brother to get one of his daughters from daycare and then I went to the gym and went to his mother's house afterwards to chill out, his other daughter was there and she's just so pretty and tall for a 2 year old, I told him "you're in for a world of trouble daddy daycare."  But I had a great time with them and his mother cooked some slamming string beans and meatloaf with carrots and onions in it.  Today was laid back too, I went to the gym, then I visited with my cousin Kyon whom I haven't seen in so long.  He's been my favorite cousin since I was 13.  That summer my father passed and I stayed with my great aunt Cherry in Newark the whole summer while my mom handled everything.  Anyhow, I was never fashionable or able to afford brand names and I remember he gave me some Armani jeans of his that fit me.  I loved him from that day on.  Now he's 30.  Time flies.  I also stopped by my uncle's house and watched some stuff On Demand, since I only have basic cable.  So, tomorrow it's back to work, back to going to the gym in the morning, and the same ol' same ol'.  Ahh well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment